The Paradox of Light and Sound Induces Synesthesia
The objective of this paper is not centered around the ambiguity of lights behavior being both wave and particle simultaneously, or its electromagnetic radiation equilibrium, (electricity & magnetism), but primarily the energy emission that propagates the spectrum of colors, and the higher and lower frequencies in sound predicated by wavelengths. My first hypothesis is the improper metaphorical use of “wave” to explain the propagation of sound, the wave schema is a two dimensional illustration to visually embody the theory. When in essence it’s more like a spherical bubble expanding into an elliptical, oval distortion while permeating the air. (For illustrative purposes we’ll use wave rather than sphere)
Wavelengths are the spaces between the crest or the trough of a wave used to measure sound, and frequencies are the number of occurring waves that propagates during an interval or cycle, the former measures distance and the latter measures time. Crest is the maximum or highest peak, and troughs are the lowest points of a wave. Amplitude on the other hand refers to the distant between the wavelengths undisturbed or stable position to its highest or lowest peak.
There’s positive and negative amplitude, the former encompasses the undisturbed position to the upper crest and the latter is the undisturbed position to the lower trough. The number of frequencies are measured in cycles per second (cps) or hertz (unit-of-frequency). So a musical note such as “C” frequency would be 261 hertz, and “A” would have the frequency 440 hertz, equivalent to 261 and 440 wavelengths propagating each second. This is providing we start from the middle C on a piano, remember octaves derive from a higher frequency once the vibrations are doubled. (another subject)
Shorter wavelengths increases the frequencies per cycle causing a higher pitch, remember the positive or negative amplitude, or crest doesn’t affect the frequency, it only increases or decreases the sound volume. Frequencies are caused by the vibration of tension or mass density of an object, this determines the expansion or compression oscillation in wavelengths. The shorter the wavelength the higher the pitch, the longer the wavelengths the lower the pitch. Light propagates the same at a much higher frequency, although they have mutually exclusive characteristics.
Remember light propagates at over 186,000 miles per second, and unlike sound traveling around 700 miles per hour, where the frequencies are measured in hertz, light frequencies are measured in terahertz or nanometers (nm). The lowest being the color red vibrating at 400-484 THz, and violets vibrating at 668-789 THz, that’s billions of cycles per second. If nanometers (nm) are used then red would be 620-750 nm, and violet would be 380-450 nm.
There appear to be a figure discrepancy, but consider this; hertz are the measurement of wavelengths per cycle and nanometers measure the unit of a length, a nanometer is equivalent to 1 billion hertz, so don’t let the figure disparity confuse you. Humans perception converts frequencies into pitch and we generally hear between 20 hertz to 20,000 hertz, so electromagnetic radiation propagating in the terahertz’s is above aural recognition.
There’s a correlation between light and sound in terms of their wavelengths and frequencies, but they’re mutually exclusive in their mediums and methods of propagation. Light travels as packets of massless particles called “photons,” with pronounced ambiguity, whereas sound energy emanates from an impact which causes a vibration that collides with air molecules. Light can travel in a vacuum but sound cannot.
If lights velocity decelerated to sounds momentum, it’ll be aurally observable, and if sound accelerated to to lights velocity it’ll be visually observable. Specifically within the context of wavelength, frequencies, crest, trough, amplitude and velocity, because the only differentiating factors pertaining to their frequencies are the velocity.
However, two inherent factors may hinder such a synesthesia induction, and that is the equilibrium state of electromagnetism in light, its wave-particle ambiguity and the massless stream of photons that predicates its velocity. And sound being contingent on an impact and collision of air molecules as its medium are key elements in determining whether we see sound when it accelerates to lights frequency, or hear light when it decelerates to sound frequency.
A comprehensive understanding of how the nature of sound propagates does enlighten you to things like unison and octaves, the doubling of frequencies and our auditory limitation. When i arrange, transpose or transcribe a song by ear, the organic sound of an acoustic-guitar, and a rudimentary understanding of wavelengths and frequencies give me a profound sense of appreciation.
I’m writing a dissertation on the induction of alpha, beta, delta, theta and gamma brainwaves, through the synthetic manipulation of binaural, monaural and ischronic beats; and using brain energy waves to correlate with the higher frequencies in the electromagnetic radiation spectrum. Primarily exploring octaves in the frequency of energy propagation; a postulation deriving from the Doppler effect—where the source of an object in motion increases in frequency towards an observer—and this concept is applicable in the propagation of light and sound; hence my octave hypothesis. Enjoy!
Introduction To (LOSE-T) Search Query Disambiguation (SQD)
(1) (SEO), (SERP), (NLP), Derivational & Inflectional Morphology
(2) (SEO), (SERP), (NLP), Metaphor, Analogy, Metonym
(3) (SEO), (SERP), (NLP), Polysemy, Capitonym, Monosemy
(4) (SEO), (SERP), Homonym, Homophones, Homograph
(5) (SEO), (SERP), Segmental & Suprasegmental Phonology
(6) (SEO), (SERP), Paronym, Hyponym, Meronym, Hypernym
(7) (SEO), (SERP), Onomatopoeia, Denotation and Connotation
(8) (SEO), (SERP), Heteronym, Heterograph, Orthographic Units
(9) (SEO), (SERP), (NLP), Cuneiform, Pictographs, Ideographs
(10) (SEO), (SERP), Logographs, Hieroglyphics, Phonographs
(11) (SEO), (SERP), Abbreviations, Acronyms-Hybrids, Initialisms
(12) (SEO) (SERP) Anthropomorphic, Personification, Typography
(13) (SEO), (SERP) Holonyms, Synonyms, Antonyms, Taxonomy
(14) (SEO), (SERP) Prefix, Suffix, Affix, Infix, Circumfix, Morpheme
(15) (SEO), (LOSE-T) Taxonomic Framework To Encode (NLP)
(16) (SEO), (SERP) Absolute, Comparative, Superlative Adjectives
(17) (SEO), (SERP) Redshift, Doppler, Special & General Relativity
(18) (SEO), Possessive, Demonstrative, Indefinite Adjectives
(19) (SEO), (NLP), Proper Nouns, Common Nouns, Capitonymic
(20) (SEO), (NLP), Modulation, Cadence, Intonation, Inflection
(21) (SEO), (NLP), Terminology, Jargon, Verbosity, Slang/Ebonics
(22) (SEO), (NLP) Phonemes, Graphemes, Morphemes, Digraphs
(23) (SEO), (NLP), Autocomplete, Spelling Correction Predictions
(24) (SEO), (NLP), Algorithmic Paradoxes, Equilibriums, Axioms
(25) (SEO), (NLP), Chromatics, Diatonics, Logarithmics, Octaves
(26) (SEO), (NLP), Anaphora, Cataphora, Antecedent, Postcedent
(27) (SEO), (NLP), Hegelians Dialect; Thesis, Antithesis, Synthesis
(1) Fundamental vs Technical Analysis in The Stock-Market
(2) Predicting The Stock Market Using Dispersed Variables..
(3) (SEO), (SMO), (SERP), And Google Algorithms..
(4) ICANN), (gTLD), Domain Registras & Cyber-Squatting..
(5) Domain Names (gTLD), Effect On (SEO), Stock-Market..
(6) 10-K, 10-Q, Annual Reports And Google Revenue..
(7) (ICANN), (UDRP), Domain Trademark And Cybersquatting..
(8) Economic Correlation/Advertisement, Marketing & Commodity!
(1) Three Dimensional Paradoxes In Spatial Schemata
(2) Vibrating Molecules and Elliptical Bubbles
(3) Musical Octaves and Wave-Particle Duality
(4) Smells Velocity Induces Memory Faculty
(5) The Paradox of Light and Sound Induces Synesthesia
(6) The Trichotomy Between Amplitude, Frequency and Velocity
(7) Black Is An Electromagnetic-Radiation (EM) Paradox
(8) Quantum Field Theory, Nash Equilibrium & Social Science
(9) Quantum Electrodynamics, Intramolecular, Intermolecular
(10) The Fibonacci Sequence & Coriolis Effect; Music & Motion
(1) The Emotional Dichotomy in Humor
(2) Neuro-Behavioral Disorder Adaptation
(3) Why Comedians Don’t Laugh At Open Mics
(4) Economic Psychology and Humor Aberration
(5) The Philosophy And Psychology Behind Fozzie Bear Humor
(6) Women Comics! A Sociobiological and Economical Analysis
(7) The Trichotomy Between Instinct, Intuition and Improvisation
(8) Synasthesia, Psychophysics, Linguistics and Humor!
(1) Ecological Factors and Physiological Attributes
(2) The Psychology of Politics Equatable Rhetorics
(3) Psychophysics, Polyrhythm, Arrangement and Composition
(4) Smells Velocity Induces Memory Faculty
(5) Cognitive Impairment/Weather Conditions/Placebo Effect
(6) The Social Equilibrium of Spirituality vs Superficiality
(7) Quantum Entanglement, Chameleon Effect and Coincidences
(8) Synthesis Deriving From A Medical Antithesis
(9) The Power of Analogy, A Peculiar Mnemonics
(10) A Metaphor In Physics To Induce Organic Sleep
(11) Karma The Spiritual Undertone In Cause and Effect
(12) Distinctions Between Verbal Irony and Verbal Sarcasm
(13) School District Negligence, A Butterfly a Effect Analogy
(14) Dogs Defecating Alignment With The Earths Magnetic Field
(15) Fundamental vs Technical Analysis in The Stock-Market
(16) A Conglomeration of Political Discrepancy
|Synchronicity, Serendipity, Irony, Coincidences|
Share your views and opinion, please leave a comment below Written By: Atelston Fitzgerald Holder 1st
SCIENTIST | ACADEMIC WRITER | LECTURER
The Harlem Times Politics | Business | Economics | Entertainment
Ask A Newyorker Science | Economics | Business | Politics
News Blaze World News | Science | Business | Technology
Performance Artist: www.youtube.com/mrpregnant
Musical Composer: www.youtube.com/mrpregnantmusic
Feel free to contact me at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Latest posts by Atelston Fitzgerald Holder 1st (see all)
- The Philosophy of Love And The Psychology of Rejection - March 7, 2017
- March 4, 2017
Electromagnetic Radiation, Galactic Alignment, Alpha Brainwaves
- If The Grim Reaper Dies, Would That Constitute A Situational Irony? - January 20, 2017
- The Technicality, Practicality And Commerciality of Facebook Groups, Admins, Moderators - November 5, 2016
- Why Don’t African Americans Teach Their Children To Respect Police Officers? - July 15, 2016