Women Aren’t Unfunny! A Sociobiological and Economical Analysis
The fundamental concept of supply and demand is the framework of a country’s economic health; however, the principles of product shortage does induce the idiom, “absence increase value.” The rarity of women in comedy increases their value and quality of expectation. Hence, a woman’s performance being on parity with her male counterparts would still elicit ostensive critique, not because she’s unfunny, but rather her scarcity serves as a precept to expected grandeur. A sort of underlying economic model determining the price of her goods sold to the audience. This is an economic fallacy and it’s not applicable within the area of humor, because laughter is not contingent on an organic or tangible rarity, but vested in the scarcity of ingenuity, innovation and originality; meaning a supply and demand in abstract concepts.
There’s a myriad of underpinnings that govern the origins of “women aren’t funny” label, a stigma entrenched and integrated in the social fabrics of our psyche. Women self-objectification is frowned upon as derogatory and lacking creativity, while men marinate their premise in fellatio and cunnilingus material; a subtle gender bias prevalent in a field influx with men. A latent aversion women fall victim to inevitably. This suppression has spawned an evolution of women identifying themselves as feminist who incorporate advocacy in their material to highlight the inequalities and sexual innuendos underlying the field.
The anatomy of a woman’s body is a physical attraction, it’s the epitome of aesthetic diversion, it clouds the visible nature of humor and impairs a mans focus. This is an evolutionary biology preceding back to our primordial era, and although we’re clothed, our primeval instinct are intact and fully functional. Clothing has an indirect correlation towards people’s perception and how the humor is interpreted, (unfortunately). It can blur, hinder or entice first impression. A website called “Psychology Today” published an interesting article on interaction with the opposite sex causes a decline in cognitive performance.
Menopause causes a woman’s hormone to fluctuate, an imbalance due to the decline of reproductive organs that affects her overall body function. During the menstruation cycle ovulation occurs, a process that induces vaginal dryness, hot-flash, mood swings and a number of emotional changes occurs, while she’s discharging blood from the linen of her uterus. Ponder on this; the Inability to evoke laughter can be demoralizing and disparaging to the most assertive, confident individual, and no-ones infallible to such a notion. Humor partitions your emotional state into a fluctuating dichotomy; tonight you’re exhilarating in euphoria when you synchronize with the audience; tomorrow night it’s desolation and anguish when you fail to captivate listeners..
Read my paper on The Emotional Dichotomy in Humor
A women’s predicament onstage is quite complexed, and the biological basis of her PMS, menopause and menstruation cycle plays an integral part in the way she convey, process and interpret information during a performance, especially a craft that’s attributed to an emotional appeal. It can impede and impair, or conversely, emulate a woman into an indomitable state of mind. Men are void of such biological predisposition, yet they critique with ridgety, as if lenience would emasculate their sense of prowess; a pseudo-analysis deriving from naivety and latent misogyny.
Laughter is an emotional appeal because it’s a physiological response contingent on multiple facial muscles in contraction, a stimulation predicated on the cognitive interpretation of external stimulus, whether contrived or intermittent. It’s not a scientific study in the strictest sense where you can observe the phenomenon in its natural context, it’s an artistic representation to engage the emotional appeal of laughter; hence the demystification is a conundrum.
Indeed, we can explore dramatic, situational, verbal, tragic and socratic irony in humor. Juvenalian, horatian and menippean satire; lexical, syntactic and structural ambiguity; puns, double entendre and other sorts of absurdity, surrealism, metaphor, simile, verbal and visual sarcasm; imagery, personification, apostrophe, metonymy, synecdoche, hyperbole, litotes etc etc…..Regardless, these devices unravel the underlying construction of laughter induction, but it’s an exclusive area that borrows from other fields.
In physics, Maxwells equation juxtaposed the relationship between electricity and magnetism, exploring the fundamental law in which the electromagnetic spectrum in light propagates in harmony. Or the diatonic scales extracted from the chromatic scales in music; musical intervals partitioned into increments that cognitively appeal to the human ear. Or figurative devices in linguistics such as metaphor and analogy– finding commonalities between different forms of existence. These are immutable deductive laws governing how things propagate, correlate and integrate. .Objectively independent to emotions!
The extended-age old adage continues indefinitely, women aren’t funny. Carol Burnett, the groundbreaking sketch show in the 70s; The Golden Girls, the 80s American sitcoms; Sandra Clark, from the 80s Comedy series “227,” won an Emmy. Women’s impediment to humor through reason of sociobiological analysis expresses prejudices of subtlety, and humor being a male generic phenomenon is compartmentalizing humor Into an artistic gender based context, to which is undoubtedly a fallacy and deserves an impartial discourse!
INTRODUCTION TO (LOSE-T)
THE EVOLUTION OF (LOSE-T)
THE HISTORY OF (LOSE-T)
Introduction To (LOSE-T) Search Query Disambiguation (SQD)
(1) (SEO), (SERP), (NLP), Derivational & Inflectional Morphology
(2) (SEO), (SERP), (NLP), Metaphor, Analogy, Metonym
(3) (SEO), (SERP), (NLP), Polysemy, Capitonym, Monosemy
(4) (SEO), (SERP), Homonym, Homophones, Homograph
(5) (SEO), (SERP), Segmental & Suprasegmental Phonology
(6) (SEO), (SERP), Paronym, Hyponym, Meronym, Hypernym
(7) (SEO), (SERP), Onomatopoeia, Denotation and Connotation
(8) (SEO), (SERP), Heteronym, Heterograph, Orthographic Units
(9) (SEO), (SERP), (NLP), Cuneiform, Pictographs, Ideographs
(10) (SEO), (SERP), Logographs, Hieroglyphics, Phonographs
(11) (SEO), (SERP), Abbreviations, Acronyms-Hybrids, Initialisms
(12) (SEO) (SERP) Anthropomorphic, Personification, Typography
(13) (SEO), (SERP) Holonyms, Synonyms, Antonyms, Taxonomy
(14) (SEO), (SERP) Prefix, Suffix, Affix, Infix, Circumfix, Morpheme
(15) (SEO), (LOSE-T) Taxonomic Framework To Encode (NLP)
(16) (SEO), (SERP) Absolute, Comparative, Superlative Adjectives
(17) (SEO), (SERP) Redshift, Doppler, Special & General Relativity
(18) (SEO), Possessive, Demonstrative, Indefinite Adjectives
(19) (SEO), (NLP), Proper Nouns, Common Nouns, Capitonymic
(20) (SEO), (NLP), Modulation, Cadence, Intonation, Inflection
(21) (SEO), (NLP), Terminology, Jargon, Verbosity, Slang/Ebonics
(22) (SEO), (NLP) Phonemes, Graphemes, Morphemes, Digraphs
(23) (SEO), (NLP), Autocomplete, Spelling Correction Predictions
(24) (SEO), (NLP), Algorithmic Paradoxes, Equilibriums, Axioms
(25) (SEO), (NLP), Chromatics, Diatonics, Logarithmics, Octaves
(26) (SEO), (NLP), Anaphora, Cataphora, Antecedent, Postcedent
(27) (SEO), (NLP), Hegelians Dialect; Thesis, Antithesis, Synthesis
(1) Fundamental vs Technical Analysis in The Stock-Market
(2) Predicting The Stock Market Using Dispersed Variables..
(3) (SEO), (SMO), (SERP), And Google Algorithms..
(4) ICANN), (gTLD), Domain Registras & Cyber-Squatting..
(5) Domain Names (gTLD), Effect On (SEO), Stock-Market..
(6) 10-K, 10-Q, Annual Reports And Google Revenue..
(7) (ICANN), (UDRP), Domain Trademark And Cybersquatting..
(8) Economic Correlation/Advertisement, Marketing & Commodity!
(1) Three Dimensional Paradoxes In Spatial Schemata
(2) Vibrating Molecules and Elliptical Bubbles
(3) Musical Octaves and Wave-Particle Duality
(4) Smells Velocity Induces Memory Faculty
(5) The Paradox of Light and Sound Induces Synesthesia
(6) The Trichotomy Between Amplitude, Frequency and Velocity
(7) Black Is An Electromagnetic-Radiation (EM) Paradox
(8) Quantum Field Theory, Nash Equilibrium & Social Science
(9) Quantum Electrodynamics, Intramolecular, Intermolecular
(10) The Fibonacci Sequence & Coriolis Effect; Music & Motion
(1) The Emotional Dichotomy in Humor
(2) Neuro-Behavioral Disorder Adaptation
(3) Why Comedians Don’t Laugh At Open Mics
(4) Economic Psychology and Humor Aberration
(5) The Philosophy And Psychology Behind Fozzie Bear Humor
(6) Women Comics! A Sociobiological and Economical Analysis
(7) The Trichotomy Between Instinct, Intuition and Improvisation
(8) Synasthesia, Psychophysics, Linguistics and Humor!
(1) Ecological Factors and Physiological Attributes
(2) The Psychology of Politics Equatable Rhetorics
(3) Psychophysics, Polyrhythm, Arrangement and Composition
(4) Smells Velocity Induces Memory Faculty
(5) Cognitive Impairment/Weather Conditions/Placebo Effect
(6) The Social Equilibrium of Spirituality vs Superficiality
(7) Quantum Entanglement, Chameleon Effect and Coincidences
(8) Synthesis Deriving From A Medical Antithesis
(9) The Power of Analogy, A Peculiar Mnemonics
(10) A Metaphor In Physics To Induce Organic Sleep
(11) Karma The Spiritual Undertone In Cause and Effect
(12) Distinctions Between Verbal Irony and Verbal Sarcasm
(13) School District Negligence, A Butterfly a Effect Analogy
(14) Dogs Defecating Alignment With The Earths Magnetic Field
(15) Fundamental vs Technical Analysis in The Stock-Market
(16) A Conglomeration of Political Discrepancy
|Synchronicity, Serendipity, Irony, Coincidences|
Share your views and opinion, please leave a comment below Written By: Atelston Fitzgerald Holder 1st
SCIENTIST | ACADEMIC WRITER | LECTURER
The Harlem Times Politics | Business | Economics | Entertainment
Ask A Newyorker Science | Economics | Business | Politics
News Blaze World News | Science | Business | Technology
Performance Artist: www.youtube.com/mrpregnant
Musical Composer: www.youtube.com/mrpregnantmusic
Feel free to contact me at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Latest posts by Atelston Fitzgerald Holder 1st (see all)
- The Philosophy of Love And The Psychology of Rejection - March 7, 2017
- March 4, 2017
Electromagnetic Radiation, Galactic Alignment, Alpha Brainwaves
- If The Grim Reaper Dies, Would That Constitute A Situational Irony? - January 20, 2017
- The Technicality, Practicality And Commerciality of Facebook Groups, Admins, Moderators - November 5, 2016
- Why Don’t African Americans Teach Their Children To Respect Police Officers? - July 15, 2016