Trichotomy Between Instinct Intuition and Improvisation
The Trichotomy Between Instinct, Intuition and Improvisation
There’s a clear distinction between instinct, intuition and improvisation, they’re generally used interchangeably and out of context, however they’re mutually exclusive and contrasting in their impulsive attributes. Such misconceptions are also pervasive in metaphor, analogy, hyperbole and metonymy; dramatic, verbal, tragic and socratic irony; serendipity, synchronicity and situational irony, and many other abstract concepts that share a partial common denominator.
The ubiquitous disparity becomes prevalent when an improviser struggles with standup comedy and fails miserably, while an intuitive comedian battles with improvisation. However, there are vice-versa exceptions to this rule. You’d assume since both art-forms rely on unconscious reasoning, conflating both expressions would seem effortless. Improvisation taps into your intuition while placing a major constriction on ingenuity and innovation. The problem with instinct, intuition and improvisation is the fact that they all elicit a premeditated and external stimulus schema of ambiguity, meaning there are no preconceived notions prior to the instantaneous events, hence the differentiating factors between instinct, intuition and improvisation can seem fuzzy, and difficult to perceive in clarity.
Improvisation is centered around an unreflective urge or desire for spontaneity that’s governed by a set of principles and guidelines for your impulse to flourish; hence, the framework centered around the art-form contextualizes intuition with constrictions and restrictions. These conditions limit your measures of exploration, sabotaging the authentic essence of what intuition is truly contingent on. Arguably, and invariably, improvisation provides a set of prerequisite to challenge intuition beyond its comfort-zone of immediacy, and forces innovation without conscious reasoning to embark and build upon an established set of explicit principles.
The reason why improvisation is attributed to intuition or instinct is a problem deriving from semantic ambiguity, syntax, and the connotative evolution of the word “improvisation,” which needs to be clarified and put into better perspective. I’ll use jazz as an example to highlight the intuitive and improvisation aspect of music. Consonance and dissonance is the disparity between chord relationships in jazz, and although this irregularity and sequence of chord changes has no traditional relationship with each other, they’re contextually within a musical framework; such as key, scales and time signature.
There’s a clear distinction between dissonance and atonality in music; the former being a chain of suspension or clashing of notes: F transitions to F#, semitones apart; and the latter lacks musical order, absence of key or tonal center. Although both musical ambiguities are interrelated, they’re differentiated by their syntax. There’s two sorts of musical dissonance, a tension or clash deriving from the chord itself, and the untypical sound within the lack of relationships between chords transition. It seems improvisational since we hear the disparity between chord transitions, but the overall sound is within the context of a theoretical framework.
The perfect metaphor to encapsulate the distinctions between improvisation and intuition is the correlation and disparity between verbal irony and verbal sarcasm. The correlation between both figurative devices is their literal statements having contrasting interpretation, opposites of which derives from the tonal aspect of the sentence, and not the words in the sentence themselves. The disparity occurs between what the contrast of verbal irony and verbal sarcasm entails. Verbal irony is innocuous and benevolent in meaning, whereas verbal sarcasm is disparaging and contemptuous in nature. The conflation is in their contrast interpretation and the disparity is in their underlying meanings.
Another example is the denotational and connotational meaning of words; the former is the fundamental or primarily meaning of a word, while the latter explores the evolutional or implicit meaning of in addition to its literal interpretation. The dictionary is not an authority on words, lexicographers compile and edit words as they evolve and become engrained as part of a contemporary social dialect. Hence, words like “bad” is a semantic paradox, because “bad” literally means negative, defective or unwelcoming, and also “good” as in the quintessential or highly desired. Example; “that new Ferrari is “bad” ass!”
The polarity between “bad” derives from the literal denotation and its figurative connotative evolution; improvisation and standup comedy differentiation falls within these context, because denotationally speaking, improvisation was antiquated with an instinctive immediacy to materialize concepts vividly. Ironically, it’s taken on a new connotative meaning by metamorphosing into a contemporary art-form, falling within a compositional formation governed by musical keys and time signatures.
“Here’s two examples of instinct and intuition; “a dynamite descends amid a social-circle, the gathering scatters to safety, confounded; that’s instinct. Instinct which is equatable to our defense mechanism precedes back to our primordial era, homosapien survival mechanisms were contingent on instinct to hunt, evade predators and form social gatherings. “A balloon descends amidst a social-circle and there’s a lit candle on top,” the gathering instinctively flinches in shock; one person utters sporadically; “Well Joe! Happy Birthday.” That’s Intuition.
These examples involve the same set of rudimentary principles, they occur naturally without intent. Instinct is an evolutionary reaction, a process deriving from environmental factors and biology; Intuition within the context of immediacy and without conscious reasoning is less restrictive than improvisation, allowing intuition to flourish without confinement. Improvisation is a theatrical technique that constricts intuition into a syntax, challenging ingenuity within the context of a framework. Although instinct, intuition and improvisation are all contingent on inner impulse or inclination without premeditated reasoning, the disparities exist between a biophysiological reaction, spontaneous decisional attributes and theatrical restrictions.
INTRODUCTION TO (LOSE-T)
THE EVOLUTION OF (LOSE-T)
THE HISTORY OF (LOSE-T)
Introduction To (LOSE-T) Search Query Disambiguation (SQD)
(1) (SEO), (SERP), (NLP), Derivational & Inflectional Morphology
(2) (SEO), (SERP), (NLP), Metaphor, Analogy, Metonym
(3) (SEO), (SERP), (NLP), Polysemy, Capitonym, Monosemy
(4) (SEO), (SERP), Homonym, Homophones, Homograph
(5) (SEO), (SERP), Segmental & Suprasegmental Phonology
(6) (SEO), (SERP), Paronym, Hyponym, Meronym, Hypernym
(7) (SEO), (SERP), Onomatopoeia, Denotation and Connotation
(8) (SEO), (SERP), Heteronym, Heterograph, Orthographic Units
(9) (SEO), (SERP), (NLP), Cuneiform, Pictographs, Ideographs
(10) (SEO), (SERP), Logographs, Hieroglyphics, Phonographs
(11) (SEO), (SERP), Abbreviations, Acronyms-Hybrids, Initialisms
(12) (SEO) (SERP) Anthropomorphic, Personification, Typography
(13) (SEO), (SERP) Holonyms, Synonyms, Antonyms, Taxonomy
(14) (SEO), (SERP) Prefix, Suffix, Affix, Infix, Circumfix, Morpheme
(15) (SEO), (LOSE-T) Taxonomic Framework To Encode (NLP)
(16) (SEO), (SERP) Absolute, Comparative, Superlative Adjectives
(17) (SEO), (SERP) Redshift, Doppler, Special & General Relativity
(18) (SEO), Possessive, Demonstrative, Indefinite Adjectives
(19) (SEO), (NLP), Proper Nouns, Common Nouns, Capitonymic
(20) (SEO), (NLP), Modulation, Cadence, Intonation, Inflection
(21) (SEO), (NLP), Terminology, Jargon, Verbosity, Slang/Ebonics
(22) (SEO), (NLP) Phonemes, Graphemes, Morphemes, Digraphs
(23) (SEO), (NLP), Autocomplete, Spelling Correction Predictions
(24) (SEO), (NLP), Algorithmic Paradoxes, Equilibriums, Axioms
(25) (SEO), (NLP), Chromatics, Diatonics, Logarithmics, Octaves
(26) (SEO), (NLP), Anaphora, Cataphora, Antecedent, Postcedent
(27) (SEO), (NLP), Hegelians Dialect; Thesis, Antithesis, Synthesis
(1) Fundamental vs Technical Analysis in The Stock-Market
(2) Predicting The Stock Market Using Dispersed Variables..
(3) (SEO), (SMO), (SERP), And Google Algorithms..
(4) ICANN), (gTLD), Domain Registras & Cyber-Squatting..
(5) Domain Names (gTLD), Effect On (SEO), Stock-Market..
(6) 10-K, 10-Q, Annual Reports And Google Revenue..
(7) (ICANN), (UDRP), Domain Trademark And Cybersquatting..
(8) Economic Correlation/Advertisement, Marketing & Commodity!
(1) Three Dimensional Paradoxes In Spatial Schemata
(2) Vibrating Molecules and Elliptical Bubbles
(3) Musical Octaves and Wave-Particle Duality
(4) Smells Velocity Induces Memory Faculty
(5) The Paradox of Light and Sound Induces Synesthesia
(6) The Trichotomy Between Amplitude, Frequency and Velocity
(7) Black Is An Electromagnetic-Radiation (EM) Paradox
(8) Quantum Field Theory, Nash Equilibrium & Social Science
(9) Quantum Electrodynamics, Intramolecular, Intermolecular
(10) The Fibonacci Sequence & Coriolis Effect; Music & Motion
(1) The Emotional Dichotomy in Humor
(2) Neuro-Behavioral Disorder Adaptation
(3) Why Comedians Don’t Laugh At Open Mics
(4) Economic Psychology and Humor Aberration
(5) The Philosophy And Psychology Behind Fozzie Bear Humor
(6) Women Comics! A Sociobiological and Economical Analysis
(7) The Trichotomy Between Instinct, Intuition and Improvisation
(8) Synasthesia, Psychophysics, Linguistics and Humor!
(1) Ecological Factors and Physiological Attributes
(2) The Psychology of Politics Equatable Rhetorics
(3) Psychophysics, Polyrhythm, Arrangement and Composition
(4) Smells Velocity Induces Memory Faculty
(5) Cognitive Impairment/Weather Conditions/Placebo Effect
(6) The Social Equilibrium of Spirituality vs Superficiality
(7) Quantum Entanglement, Chameleon Effect and Coincidences
(8) Synthesis Deriving From A Medical Antithesis
(9) The Power of Analogy, A Peculiar Mnemonics
(10) A Metaphor In Physics To Induce Organic Sleep
(11) Karma The Spiritual Undertone In Cause and Effect
(12) Distinctions Between Verbal Irony and Verbal Sarcasm
(13) School District Negligence, A Butterfly a Effect Analogy
(14) Dogs Defecating Alignment With The Earths Magnetic Field
(15) Fundamental vs Technical Analysis in The Stock-Market
(16) A Conglomeration of Political Discrepancy
|Synchronicity, Serendipity, Irony, Coincidences|
Share your views and opinion, please leave a comment below Written By: Atelston Fitzgerald Holder 1st
SCIENTIST | ACADEMIC WRITER | LECTURER
The Harlem Times Politics | Business | Economics | Entertainment
Ask A Newyorker Science | Economics | Business | Politics
News Blaze World News | Science | Business | Technology
Performance Artist: www.youtube.com/mrpregnant
Musical Composer: www.youtube.com/mrpregnantmusic
Feel free to contact me at: email@example.com
Latest posts by Atelston Fitzgerald Holder 1st (see all)
- The Philosophy of Love And The Psychology of Rejection - March 7, 2017
- March 4, 2017
Electromagnetic Radiation, Galactic Alignment, Alpha Brainwaves
- If The Grim Reaper Dies, Would That Constitute A Situational Irony? - January 20, 2017
- The Technicality, Practicality And Commerciality of Facebook Groups, Admins, Moderators - November 5, 2016
- Why Don’t African Americans Teach Their Children To Respect Police Officers? - July 15, 2016