The Philosophy And Psychology Behind Fozzie Bear Humor
Fozzie Bear is a character paradox, having the contradictory features and qualities of being both funny and unfunny simultaneously, this stems from his intrinsic behavioral characteristics. He lacks the innate and effective comedic abilities while rendering humor inadvertently and indirectly; the former occurs uncontrollably, without intent, and the latter derives from external forces such as interruptions and derisive or aggressive heckling. Fozzie is aesthetically eccentric, wearing a polka-dot-necktie, a brown pork pie hat and a peculiar cadence in his deliveries.
Fozzie monologues rely on devious gimmicks to evoke laughter, and they’re always punctuated with the catchphrase “Wocka Wocka Wocka!” An idiosyncratic sentence honed and refined to become the prominent idiom on the Show. Statler and Waldorf are two uncooperative, argumentative Muppet hecklers that sits in an above balcony observing the show. Shortly after Fozzie delivers his defective jokes, he’s abruptly interjected by Statler and Waldorf with bad-tempered ridicule, invariably evoking chuckles from the audience with their heckling.
Fozzie Bear evokes laughter from a number of disparate variables; such as the unorthodox chemistry between himself, Statler and Waldorf, and the audience disparaging nature towards his material. Statler and Waldorf offsets the audience contempt towards Fozzie by heckling Fozzie with condescending sarcasm, causing chuckles and amusement from the audience.
Ironically, Fozzie’s script is structured as a prerequisite to intentional failure, written to appear authentically unfunny, while performing with high exuberance and meticulously delivering his material with benignity and laudable expectations. Fictionally speaking, Fozzie is oblivious to this notion and engages humor with devout conviction, simply to be flabbergasted by the audience negative response, a discontentment resulting in vegetables and other objects thrown at him.
Fozzie’s underlying humor is not centered around the material itself, but his peculiar characteristics and the overall roles he play in every scene with other muppets. His innate brilliance emerges in the production value of each sketch; such as, dialogues with Miss Piggy and rivalry with Kermit The Frog etc!
Fozzie Bear explores a number of figurative and rhetorical devices in linguistics; invariably, his content is centered around lexical and syntactic ambiguity, (puns) and other elementary material. His entire performance is a situational irony, while Statler and Waldorf condescends with the lowest form of sarcastic wit. And the visual surrealism of a brown furry bear performing standup comedy is an absurdity of epic proportion.
Epistemologically speaking, Fozzie is trapped between the gaps of belief and opinions; is Fozzie hilarity objective or subjective, and is this determined from a relativistic viewpoint deriving from a frame of reference. Fozzie triumphs in his failures, which begs a bigger philosophical question; can a subjective belief supersede an objective truth, and if the existential evidence proves such, then the objective truth is not ultimately determined by the interpretation of a collective group, or the flawed measurement of mass ideologies, but an immutable deductive law.
One governed by external unchanged forces. Conversely, maybe the brilliance of Fozzie stems from lavishing in his failures or the authentic optimism to differ, and not the merits underlying his destructive material. Another theme of exploration is the phonological aspect of Fozzie’s intonation, inflection, modulation and cadence; primarily the idiomatic sentences attributed to all his deliveries.
The mysterious syllables “do re mi fa sol la ti do” are linguistics mnemonics that correspond with the musical pitch in the diatonic scales, extracted from the chromatic scales. The pitch modulation in his catchphrase “Wocka Wocka Wocka,” are separated by increased intervals. The correlation between tonal delivery and musical scales sharing a common denominator proves that intonation separated by the right number of intervals can spark laughter. (Neurological subject). Read my paper on The Phonology of Modulation, Cadence, Intonation and Inflection
The below video is a dialogue between Fozzie and Kermit exploring homonym and homophones; the former being words that has identical spelling and pronunciation, and the latter has different spellings with identical pronunciations. The humor in the sketch derives from the “here-hair” noun and adverb ambiguous discrepancy, and the syntactical aspect of “here” causing a misdirection between Fozzie and Kermit The Frog. Also, the impeccable nature of Kermit The Frog’s comedic timing and Fozzie’s immaculate excitement and preparedness is what propels the humor to fruition.
INTRODUCTION TO (LOSE-T)
THE EVOLUTION OF (LOSE-T)
THE HISTORY OF (LOSE-T)
Introduction To (LOSE-T) Search Query Disambiguation (SQD)
(1) (SEO), (SERP), (NLP), Derivational & Inflectional Morphology
(2) (SEO), (SERP), (NLP), Metaphor, Analogy, Metonym
(3) (SEO), (SERP), (NLP), Polysemy, Capitonym, Monosemy
(4) (SEO), (SERP), Homonym, Homophones, Homograph
(5) (SEO), (SERP), Segmental & Suprasegmental Phonology
(6) (SEO), (SERP), Paronym, Hyponym, Meronym, Hypernym
(7) (SEO), (SERP), Onomatopoeia, Denotation and Connotation
(8) (SEO), (SERP), Heteronym, Heterograph, Orthographic Units
(9) (SEO), (SERP), (NLP), Cuneiform, Pictographs, Ideographs
(10) (SEO), (SERP), Logographs, Hieroglyphics, Phonographs
(11) (SEO), (SERP), Abbreviations, Acronyms-Hybrids, Initialisms
(12) (SEO) (SERP) Anthropomorphic, Personification, Typography
(13) (SEO), (SERP) Holonyms, Synonyms, Antonyms, Taxonomy
(14) (SEO), (SERP) Prefix, Suffix, Affix, Infix, Circumfix, Morpheme
(15) (SEO), (LOSE-T) Taxonomic Framework To Encode (NLP)
(16) (SEO), (SERP) Absolute, Comparative, Superlative Adjectives
(17) (SEO), (SERP) Redshift, Doppler, Special & General Relativity
(18) (SEO), Possessive, Demonstrative, Indefinite Adjectives
(19) (SEO), (NLP), Proper Nouns, Common Nouns, Capitonymic
(20) (SEO), (NLP), Modulation, Cadence, Intonation, Inflection
(21) (SEO), (NLP), Terminology, Jargon, Verbosity, Slang/Ebonics
(22) (SEO), (NLP) Phonemes, Graphemes, Morphemes, Digraphs
(23) (SEO), (NLP), Autocomplete, Spelling Correction Predictions
(24) (SEO), (NLP), Algorithmic Paradoxes, Equilibriums, Axioms
(25) (SEO), (NLP), Chromatics, Diatonics, Logarithmics, Octaves
(26) (SEO), (NLP), Anaphora, Cataphora, Antecedent, Postcedent
(27) (SEO), (NLP), Hegelians Dialect; Thesis, Antithesis, Synthesis
(1) Fundamental vs Technical Analysis in The Stock-Market
(2) Predicting The Stock Market Using Dispersed Variables..
(3) (SEO), (SMO), (SERP), And Google Algorithms..
(4) ICANN), (gTLD), Domain Registras & Cyber-Squatting..
(5) Domain Names (gTLD), Effect On (SEO), Stock-Market..
(6) 10-K, 10-Q, Annual Reports And Google Revenue..
(7) (ICANN), (UDRP), Domain Trademark And Cybersquatting..
(8) Economic Correlation/Advertisement, Marketing & Commodity!
(1) Three Dimensional Paradoxes In Spatial Schemata
(2) Vibrating Molecules and Elliptical Bubbles
(3) Musical Octaves and Wave-Particle Duality
(4) Smells Velocity Induces Memory Faculty
(5) The Paradox of Light and Sound Induces Synesthesia
(6) The Trichotomy Between Amplitude, Frequency and Velocity
(7) Black Is An Electromagnetic-Radiation (EM) Paradox
(8) Quantum Field Theory, Nash Equilibrium & Social Science
(9) Quantum Electrodynamics, Intramolecular, Intermolecular
(10) The Fibonacci Sequence & Coriolis Effect; Music & Motion
(1) The Emotional Dichotomy in Humor
(2) Neuro-Behavioral Disorder Adaptation
(3) Why Comedians Don’t Laugh At Open Mics
(4) Economic Psychology and Humor Aberration
(5) The Philosophy And Psychology Behind Fozzie Bear Humor
(6) Women Comics! A Sociobiological and Economical Analysis
(7) The Trichotomy Between Instinct, Intuition and Improvisation
(8) Synasthesia, Psychophysics, Linguistics and Humor!
(1) Ecological Factors and Physiological Attributes
(2) The Psychology of Politics Equatable Rhetorics
(3) Psychophysics, Polyrhythm, Arrangement and Composition
(4) Smells Velocity Induces Memory Faculty
(5) Cognitive Impairment/Weather Conditions/Placebo Effect
(6) The Social Equilibrium of Spirituality vs Superficiality
(7) Quantum Entanglement, Chameleon Effect and Coincidences
(8) Synthesis Deriving From A Medical Antithesis
(9) The Power of Analogy, A Peculiar Mnemonics
(10) A Metaphor In Physics To Induce Organic Sleep
(11) Karma The Spiritual Undertone In Cause and Effect
(12) Distinctions Between Verbal Irony and Verbal Sarcasm
(13) School District Negligence, A Butterfly a Effect Analogy
(14) Dogs Defecating Alignment With The Earths Magnetic Field
(15) Fundamental vs Technical Analysis in The Stock-Market
(16) A Conglomeration of Political Discrepancy
|Synchronicity, Serendipity, Irony, Coincidences|
Share your views and opinion, please leave a comment below Written By: Atelston Fitzgerald Holder 1st
SCIENTIST | ACADEMIC WRITER | LECTURER
The Harlem Times Politics | Business | Economics | Entertainment
Ask A Newyorker Science | Economics | Business | Politics
News Blaze World News | Science | Business | Technology
Performance Artist: www.youtube.com/mrpregnant
Musical Composer: www.youtube.com/mrpregnantmusic
Feel free to contact me at: email@example.com
Latest posts by Atelston Fitzgerald Holder 1st (see all)
- The Philosophy of Love And The Psychology of Rejection - March 7, 2017
- March 4, 2017
Electromagnetic Radiation, Galactic Alignment, Alpha Brainwaves
- If The Grim Reaper Dies, Would That Constitute A Situational Irony? - January 20, 2017
- The Technicality, Practicality And Commerciality of Facebook Groups, Admins, Moderators - November 5, 2016
- Why Don’t African Americans Teach Their Children To Respect Police Officers? - July 15, 2016