10-K, 10-Q, Annual Reports, Google Revenue
10-K, 10-Q, Annual Reports, Google Revenue and Corporate Governance
I’ve been browsing news-sites recently and saw a discrepancy between third-party article publication and interpretation of Google’s annual report and 10-K; in terms of the company’s capital gains, cash flow, unresolved issues and advertising strategies. Two websites mentioned their 35,000 employees, when essentially it was over 61,000 full-time employees allotted throughout different sectors of their conglomeration.
Hence, I saw it imperative to peruse, evaluate and share the details of their annual report. The annual report is a financial statement publicly traded companies on the stock-market file with the Security and Exchange Commission (SEC); a governmental body assigned to regulate trading securities and protect investors. I focused primarily on the 10-K, which both annual report and 10-K are publicly available to shareholders and prospective investors. There’s subtle differences between the annual report and 10-K; such as detailed financial reports, unresolved issues, cost of operations, regulations, compensation of key investors and organizational structure.
In Google’s 10-K “Business Overview Page;” research and competition are two paramount areas where myriad of industries are accelerating while Google is declining; areas i’d like to give a summary on. Facebook and Twitter are formidable behemoths where service referrals and product engagements reliance is shifting away from traditional search engine methods towards social media. Search-engine adversaries such as; Microsoft Bing, Yahoo and Yandex compete as information services. Job queries and travel queries like Kayak and LinkedIn are e-commerce platforms services; and the promulgating of apps have precipitated alternatives beyond Google..
In Google’s 10-K for fiscal year 2015, there’s two interesting key areas in the “Risk Factor Overview;” the fact that 90% of their total segment revenue derives from advertisers, and that includes product distributions, services and digital publishers. Also their international operations conduce 54% of that consolidated revenue, which incurred an approximation of 74,000 billion in revenue for 2015..Google will bulwark any formidable rivalry that shift their lucrative stream, and it seems economically fusible to amass the foregone shift towards social networks. After-all, product and service referrals are two integral part of their business model.
Google implemented a browser plugin called “Focus Chrome;” the idea is centered around detoxifying hours of addiction within the Facebook ecosphere, and replacing it with productivity. Focusbook Chrome plugin will eradicate user enthrallment; presumably demanding a specific goal while giving periodical reminders until a user remove themselves from the platform. Why would Google implement a plugin in their chrome browser to resolve a psychological problem induced and isolated within the sphere of their rivalry? Altruistic as it seems, there’s a myriad of corporate governance predicating these business decisions, and it’s centered around consumer aggregation.
Facebook addiction activates the area of the brain that induces cocaine addiction. Twitter and Facebook Addicts Suffer Withdrawal Symptoms. An article published by The Telegraph; a British broadcasting newspaper published in the UK and internationally…Google’s chrome plugin made reference to many of these studies and offered a solution. The browser plugin has a built-in Facebook blocker, prompts a user to analyze the prone addiction to social networks, and chastises you to cutback in the process; and this plugin is an added feature accessible through Google’s chrome browser.
Here’s what’s interesting; top browsers such as Mozilla Firefox, Safari, Opera and Internet Explorer earn the vast of their revenue from search providers. Their incomes emanate from revenue royalties paid by prominent search engines such as Google, Bing and Yahoo etc…Hence the reason you’ll visit a browser and see Google or Yahoo as the default search engine; Google paid Mozilla Firefox over $270 million annually to be the browsers default search engine, a royalty that accounts for over 80% of Mozilla’s annual revenue.
Paying royalties to prominent search-engines solidifies a platform for advertisement proliferation; the implications and potential profits are innumerable. Adword being their primary auction and bid advertising services, and the fact that 54% of their revenue derives from international advertisers, it seems logical to conglomerate websites under their umbrella that presents, retrieves and transverse information. The relationship between search-engines and browsers are intrinsic, a sort of house and land comradely.
Mozilla ended the decade long partnership with Google and entered a new contractual agreement with Yahoo to become the default search engine; this partitioned the Google/Firefox relationship, causing a user dependency disorientation Google anticipated. Here’s why! Google’s creation of its own browser “Chrome” was deemed in-formidable in its embryonic stages, but with time Chrome grew into a formidable revenue streaming rivalry Mozilla surmounted with contention; a contractual partnership with an emerged rivalry is a vicious cycle.
Google is a multinational conglomeration, their mergers and acquisitions surpass 180 companies and counting; partially synonymous to Warren Buffet’s Berkshire Hathaway Multinational Conglomeration; although both business mammoths parity in acquisitions, in terms of Berkshire Hathaway mergers and acquisitions obtain and allow companies to retain independence; conversely, Google’s mergers and acquisitions are more holistic integrations or added subsets to a whole.
INTRODUCTION TO (LOSE-T)
THE EVOLUTION OF (LOSE-T)
THE HISTORY OF (LOSE-T)
Introduction To (LOSE-T) Search Query Disambiguation (SQD)
(1) (SEO), (SERP), (NLP), Derivational & Inflectional Morphology
(2) (SEO), (SERP), (NLP), Metaphor, Analogy, Metonym
(3) (SEO), (SERP), (NLP), Polysemy, Capitonym, Monosemy
(4) (SEO), (SERP), Homonym, Homophones, Homograph
(5) (SEO), (SERP), Segmental & Suprasegmental Phonology
(6) (SEO), (SERP), Paronym, Hyponym, Meronym, Hypernym
(7) (SEO), (SERP), Onomatopoeia, Denotation and Connotation
(8) (SEO), (SERP), Heteronym, Heterograph, Orthographic Units
(9) (SEO), (SERP), (NLP), Cuneiform, Pictographs, Ideographs
(10) (SEO), (SERP), Logographs, Hieroglyphics, Phonographs
(11) (SEO), (SERP), Abbreviations, Acronyms-Hybrids, Initialisms
(12) (SEO) (SERP) Anthropomorphic, Personification, Typography
(13) (SEO), (SERP) Holonyms, Synonyms, Antonyms, Taxonomy
(14) (SEO), (SERP) Prefix, Suffix, Affix, Infix, Circumfix, Morpheme
(15) (SEO), (LOSE-T) Taxonomic Framework To Encode (NLP)
(16) (SEO), (SERP) Absolute, Comparative, Superlative Adjectives
(17) (SEO), (SERP) Redshift, Doppler, Special & General Relativity
(18) (SEO), Possessive, Demonstrative, Indefinite Adjectives
(19) (SEO), (NLP), Proper Nouns, Common Nouns, Capitonymic
(20) (SEO), (NLP), Modulation, Cadence, Intonation, Inflection
(21) (SEO), (NLP), Terminology, Jargon, Verbosity, Slang/Ebonics
(22) (SEO), (NLP) Phonemes, Graphemes, Morphemes, Digraphs
(23) (SEO), (NLP), Autocomplete, Spelling Correction Predictions
(24) (SEO), (NLP), Algorithmic Paradoxes, Equilibriums, Axioms
(25) (SEO), (NLP), Chromatics, Diatonics, Logarithmics, Octaves
(26) (SEO), (NLP), Anaphora, Cataphora, Antecedent, Postcedent
(27) (SEO), (NLP), Hegelians Dialect; Thesis, Antithesis, Synthesis
(1) Fundamental vs Technical Analysis in The Stock-Market
(2) Predicting The Stock Market Using Dispersed Variables..
(3) (SEO), (SMO), (SERP), And Google Algorithms..
(4) ICANN), (gTLD), Domain Registras & Cyber-Squatting..
(5) Domain Names (gTLD), Effect On (SEO), Stock-Market..
(6) 10-K, 10-Q, Annual Reports And Google Revenue..
(7) (ICANN), (UDRP), Domain Trademark And Cybersquatting..
(8) Economic Correlation/Advertisement, Marketing & Commodity!
(1) Three Dimensional Paradoxes In Spatial Schemata
(2) Vibrating Molecules and Elliptical Bubbles
(3) Musical Octaves and Wave-Particle Duality
(4) Smells Velocity Induces Memory Faculty
(5) The Paradox of Light and Sound Induces Synesthesia
(6) The Trichotomy Between Amplitude, Frequency and Velocity
(7) Black Is An Electromagnetic-Radiation (EM) Paradox
(8) Quantum Field Theory, Nash Equilibrium & Social Science
(9) Quantum Electrodynamics, Intramolecular, Intermolecular
(10) The Fibonacci Sequence & Coriolis Effect; Music & Motion
(1) The Emotional Dichotomy in Humor
(2) Neuro-Behavioral Disorder Adaptation
(3) Why Comedians Don’t Laugh At Open Mics
(4) Economic Psychology and Humor Aberration
(5) The Philosophy And Psychology Behind Fozzie Bear Humor
(6) Women Comics! A Sociobiological and Economical Analysis
(7) The Trichotomy Between Instinct, Intuition and Improvisation
(8) Synasthesia, Psychophysics, Linguistics and Humor!
|Synchronicity, Serendipity, Irony, Coincidences|
(1) Ecological Factors and Physiological Attributes
(2) The Psychology of Politics Equatable Rhetorics
(3) Psychophysics, Polyrhythm, Arrangement and Composition
(4) Smells Velocity Induces Memory Faculty
(5) Cognitive Impairment/Weather Conditions/Placebo Effect
(6) The Social Equilibrium of Spirituality vs Superficiality
(7) Quantum Entanglement, Chameleon Effect and Coincidences
(8) Synthesis Deriving From A Medical Antithesis
(9) The Power of Analogy, A Peculiar Mnemonics
(10) A Metaphor In Physics To Induce Organic Sleep
(11) Karma The Spiritual Undertone In Cause and Effect
(12) Distinctions Between Verbal Irony and Verbal Sarcasm
(13) School District Negligence, A Butterfly a Effect Analogy
(14) Dogs Defecating Alignment With The Earths Magnetic Field
(15) Fundamental vs Technical Analysis in The Stock-Market
(16) A Conglomeration of Political Discrepancy
Share your views and opinion, please leave a comment below Written By: Atelston Fitzgerald Holder 1st
SCIENTIST | ACADEMIC WRITER | LECTURER
The Harlem Times Politics | Business | Economics | Entertainment
Ask A Newyorker Science | Economics | Business | Politics
News Blaze World News | Science | Business | Technology
Performance Artist: www.youtube.com/mrpregnant
Musical Composer: www.youtube.com/mrpregnantmusic
Feel free to contact me at: email@example.com
Latest posts by Atelston Fitzgerald Holder 1st (see all)
- The Philosophy of Love And The Psychology of Rejection - March 7, 2017
- March 4, 2017
Electromagnetic Radiation, Galactic Alignment, Alpha Brainwaves
- If The Grim Reaper Dies, Would That Constitute A Situational Irony? - January 20, 2017
- The Technicality, Practicality And Commerciality of Facebook Groups, Admins, Moderators - November 5, 2016
- Why Don’t African Americans Teach Their Children To Respect Police Officers? - July 15, 2016